Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Wow! Ok, so I began this blog with every intent to update daily and we all see how that has progressed. Let's get back on trek! Let me catch you up on the past week of my life.
Last week my step sister was in town and it was absolutely wonderful to have my family together for a few days. She is getting married in October so we did a lot of fun wedding preperations...or crafts (which we all know are not my favorite) and of course some shopping (insert Reagan's big smile here). Great to have her here though. I began Junior League last week in Longview with several great friends that I cannot wait to get to know a little better. The idea of service in my hometown is something that is very near and dear to my heart so I look forward to this organization and my involvement in the years to come! Thank you Dawn Olivas! I also stayed with two of my favorite friends whom I "hang out" with frequently that are in the 1st and 3rd grade. They live in a beautiful home and with tons of windows and I woke up on Saturday morning to the sun rising with 3 beautiful horses running across their pasture.....it was so neat! I am very glad I get to stay with them next weekend too! On Saturday I spent the day with family celebrating Easter just a little early with some amazing food....ribs, chicken, sausuage, fried pickles, strawberry pretzel salad, spicy beans, fresh fruit salad, and more...YUM! Thank you Aunt Carol and Uncle Roger! Sunday was Easter and we had a beautiful service and egg hunt at Trinity with Compline on Sunday night...and if you want to hear about that you might just have to ask Father Kevin. We have been laughing about it for uhmmm...3 days now! Hahaha! This week I am looking forward to a Ranger's baseball game on Friday night and Washington, DC with Trinity School of Texas in exactly 13 days. I cannot even begin to express my excitement. So pumped! Well, I am off to the school....and to enjoying the trek of my purple shoes.

No comments:

Post a Comment